Hello, and welcome to my first blog post as a Disney Blogger! Since the last time I posted dinosaurs were pretty much roaming the earth, I thought I would take this chance to introduce myself (and re-introduce myself to all the lovely people already following this blog).
So hello, my name is Maeva, delighted to meet you! I am 23 and live in the very beautiful, very rainy North Scotland. I have loved Disney for as long as I can remember, and trips to Disneyland over the years have been a source of great joy for me. Last year I decided to stop annoying the people I know with endless Instagram posts about Disneyland (trust me there were loads!) and take the leap and set up an Instagram dedicated to my love of Disney and annoy everyone else with them instead, and so MaevasDisneyAdventure was born (you can find it here if you want to have a wee nosey). I have been absolutely blown away by the Disney community on Instagram and how supportive and just all round lovely they are. They really make you feel like you are part of something and I have met the best people and discovered the cutest small shops and companies on there too.
After a while my mind came back to this blog and I decided that I wanted to start posting again but instead of beauty and lifestyle, I have decided to turn my direction towards the happiest place on Earth. In years past when I would be thinking about booking trips to Disneyland Paris, I would spend so many hours scouring through different Disney blogs, trying to find any information I could on how to book things, recommendations for places to eat, stay, and just how to make the most of my trip in general. However I couldn’t always find everything I was looking for, so, I archived all my old posts, gave this website a lovely little makeover and decided to start my own Disney blog. Not only to share everything I have learned on my trips but also to connect with the Disney community more as there’s only so much space to ramble on Instagram. I’m going to post a little bit of everything on here, a Disney smorgasbord if you will, so there should be something for everyone, but if there’s anything in particular you want to know about, let me know in the comments or on Instagram.
So before I go, I wanted to tell you a little bit about myself so here are some facts about me so you can get to know me a little bit better and find out just what you’re getting yourselves in for…
- The first and probably most important thing you should know about me is that I am an extremely serious human being… and by that I mean I am an absolute and monumentally sarcastic, yet anxious, little goofball. Example A being this glorious photograph taken in the Walt Disney Studios Park. I don’t like taking myself too seriously, especially when it comes to taking park photos.
- My favourite rides in the park are Phantom Manor, Big Thunder Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean, except I went on Hyperspace Mountain just before I left on my last trip for the first time and I see that becoming another favourite of mine.
- My favourite hotel to stay in when I am visiting is the Newport Bay Club, it is also pretty much the only hotel I have stayed at when visiting.
- I am watching Tangled whilst writing this blog post, not really relevant but it is a delightful film and I wanted you to know.
- I don’t actually have a favourite Disney film. Might seem odd for someone wanting to start a Disney Blog but my favourite tends to depend on my mood, they will usually be one of a select handful though. These include, Moana, Brave, The Princess and the Frog, Tangled, Aladdin (specifically the live action) and Cinderella (again the live action), I also adore the Nightmare before Christmas, but I only watch that between October and December.
- My favourite Princess is Merida and my favourite Villain is Dr Facilier.
I think I shall leave this here for now. Thank you for everyone who took time for reading this ramble of a blog post. I hope you decide to stick around for my little blogging adventure. If you liked this post please give it a like, and maybe even possibly consider following this blog if you want to be notified the next time I post (which should be every second Wednesday). Thank you for reading and I shall speak to you all soon.